What causes acne?
Acne afflicts teenagers as well as adults, but it is more common during times of high hormonal activity which causes increased sebum production. Acne typically appears on the face, neck, chest and back where these areas of skin have the most number of sebaceous glands. Acne results when sebaceous glands under the skin become clogged with sebum. When clogged, the glands can allow bacteria to grow. This causes swelling and pimples, and eventually may leave permanent scarring.
Common causes of acne
- Excess oil production
- Hair follicles clogged by sebum and dead skin cells
- Hormonal imbalance
Regular maintenance of facial, laser and proper skincare regime can help to keep your face clean and clear.
Acne treatment options
- Carbon Laser Peel – Effective in controlling excess oil and unblocking pores
- Pro Yellow Laser – Minimises post-acne erythema
- Pro Facial – Cleanses, exfoliates and unclogs the skin
- LED Phototherapy Blue Light – Kills bacteria and calm the skin
- Chemical Peel – Removes dead skin, dries pimples and loosens comedones
- Home Care Products – Cleanser, moisturiser and topical medicated creams
- Injections – Uses steroids to reduce inflammation and aids healing and prevention of scarring
- Oral Medication – Antibiotics or isotretinoin may be prescribed
ProFacial™ is all-in-one solution for multi-dimensional, effective facial care by combining four technologies of Aqua Peeling, Ion Lifting, Multipolar RF and Ultrasound.
Everyone’s secret to softer, smoother, and clearer skin.
Benefits of ProFacial: Deep Cleanses, Remove Keratin, Improve Skin Troubles, Renews the Skin, Collagen Remodeling & Improve skin elasticity, Anti-Aging, Elimination of Wrinkles and Skin Regeneration
What are acne scars?
Acne scars are permanent textural changes and indentations that occur on the skin as a result of severe acne. The term “scarring” is not used for the temporary red and brown marks left early after acne has occurred as these marks will fade away itself.
What is TCA Cross?
TCA Cross is the chemical reconstruction of skin scars using trichloroacetic acid. It is used on patients to treat atrophic scars and is particularly effective on ice-pick scars and pitted acne scars.
Types of acne scars include ice-pick scars, rolling scars, box-car and hypertrophic scars.
What is needle subcision?
Needle Subcision is a minor surgical procedure that is used to treat certain depressed acne scars.
Fractional Laser for Acne Scars
Troubled with those acne scars? Unsure which treatment suits you the most? Fret not!
We have 3 fractional laser and other scar revision treatments such as TCA cross, Subcision and the latest Rejuran S available.
Fractional Laser available are:
- De Oro Dual Laser (Erbium + Thulium)
- Fractional Pico Laser
- SmartXide Dot