Clinical Facial Treatment
Acne afflicts teenagers as well as adults, but it is more common during times of high hormonal activity, which causes increased sebum production. Acne typically appears on the face, neck, chest and back where these areas of skin have the most number of sebaceous glands. Acne results when sebaceous glands under the skin become clogged with sebum. When clogged, the glands can allow bacteria to grow. This causes swelling and pimples, and eventually may leave permanent scarring.
Regular maintenance of facials, laser treatments and a proper skincare regime can help to keep your face clean and clear.
Acne treatment options:
- Carbon Laser Peel – Effective in controlling excess oil and unblocking pores
- Pro Yellow Laser – Minimises post acne erythema
- Pro Facial – Cleanses, exfoliate and unclogs the skin
- LED Phototherapy Blue Light – Kills bacteria and calms the skin
- Chemical Peel – Removes dead skin, dries pimples and loosens comedones
- Home Care Products – Cleansers, moisturisers and topical medicated creams
- Injections – Uses steroids to reduce inflammation and aids healing and prevention of scarring
- Oral Medication – Antibiotics or isotretinoin may be prescribed